Thrive Approach Adolescence Licensed Practitioner Course
The cost of this course has been heavily subsidised by Birmingham City Council for Birmingham Schools.
The cost per delegate for this course is £725.00 - TO BOOK NOW CLICK HERE
*Please Note Online Subscription Costs & Ongoing CPD costs are not part of the course costs. These are additional costs to each delegate and need to be agreed with and paid directly to Thrive prior to commencement of the course.
Costs will vary depending on the size of school & the number of pupils on roll, so each delegate will need to liaise with Thrive regarding these costs via firstname.lastname@example.org
Adolescence is a time of self-exploration, creative expression and transformation. Young people experience a burst in brain development, a changing body and challenging transitions as they progress on their journey to adulthood. This provides an amazing window of opportunity to help them become more emotionally resilient and open to learning.
Informed by the latest advances in neuroscience, as well as attachment theory and child development, the Thrive Approach enables you to seize the opportunities of adolescence and create a safe and emotionally healthy environment for the young people in your setting.
This Thrive Licensed Practitioner virtual training course, tailored for those working alongside adolescents, will equip you with the essential skills needed to support the social and emotional development of all young people; helping them to develop healthy stress regulation systems, strengthen their emotional resilience and ultimately protect them from potential mental health difficulties.
The course will show you how the brain and body change during adolescence and the impact this can have on their behaviour. Our experienced trainers will explore with you how to work alongside young people, how to scaffold their development and respond appropriately to their emotions, and importantly how you can reassure them that the changes they are going through are normal.
You will also explore how Thrive-Online, our profiling and action-planning tool, can be used to identify the social and emotional needs of the young people you work with. You will be shown how to identify the relevant strategies and action plans that will support their development.
This course, leading to Thrive Licensed Practitioner status, is ideal for anyone working closely with adolescents in a teaching, health care or social care role. It is particularly beneficial to professionals with pastoral responsibilities, including safeguarding, special educational needs, SEMH education or a tutor role.
There are no previous qualifications required to undertake this course, other than being comfortable with day-to-day use of a laptop or tablet, having a role working with young people and wanting to make a difference.
During the virtual training sessions, you will learn about:
- The essential theory and neuroscience that underpins the Thrive Approach.
- Changes to the brain and body of an adolescent, and the impact on their wellbeing and behaviour.
- Developing your professional practice with a focus on self-awareness and your relational stance.
- Ways to teach young people about the changes happening during adolescence.
- Right-time and reparative support for adolescent social and emotional development.
- How to use Thrive-Online to assess the social and emotional needs of students, in small groups and individually.
- How to develop and implement action plans that support the needs of students who struggle to access learning, and how to review their progress.
- Common strategies for embedding Thrive in your setting and supporting your colleagues to work more effectively with young people.
Successful completion of this course leads to Thrive Licensed Practitioner for Adolescence status. You will have acquired the additional skills and knowledge to implement the Thrive Approach to benefit all students (right-time), and be able to work with individual students needing additional support (reparative).
To maintain your Licensed status you need to attend Thrive CPD courses and actively use Thrive-Online. The annual criteria is to gain 10 CPD points and profile/re-profile a minimum of three individuals.
To commence in Summer Term 2022 – Dates TBC
- Online Delivery with an experienced trainer
- 12 x half-day sessions plus 2 x e-mentoring sessions
- Subsidised course costs remain the same for Birmingham Schools
- Non-Birmingham Schools contact email@example.com if interested in a place
Course costs are heavily subsidised by Birmingham City Council. Places will be limited to 12 delegates per course therefore, as we are expecting high demand for these subsidised places, we advise that colleagues secure their place as soon as possible.