Staff Governor Elections
There are 2 vacancies on the Governing Board for staff governors. Nominations open on 29th April and close at 12 noon on 16th May.
Do you have the energy and determination to support and offer fresh insight in ensuring that the education we offer allows each individual young person in our care the opportunity to achieve their potential?
If the answer is yes, please read on.
The Governing Board need you to be:
- Committed to driving the improvement of the academy forward in line with the Academy Development Plan.
Key areas are
- Financial sustainability
- Growth for the future
- A critical friend
- Willing to offer or develop skills in some of the following areas; curriculum, procurement, premises or HR
What do you have to do?
- Offer ideas, expertise and a willingness to get stuck in
- Attend 6 Full Governing Board meetings annually, 6 strategic committee meetings annually and 5 local committee meetings annually
- Follow the Nolan Principles (7 principles of public life) and the Governor Code of Conduct
- All academy governors are also company directors and charity trustees. This doesn’t add any work, but you do need to check that you are not dis-qualified.
What help will you get?
- A vast array of governor training opportunities
- Support from a “buddy” system
- Expert help is always available
What do you get out of it?
- You get to have a strategic input into making a difference for our young people
- You get to make a direct contribution to the formulation of whole school policies
- You get to ensure accountability and promote high standards
- You get to share ideas in an open forum and feel part of a productive team
- You get to develop your professional skills and knowledge in areas such as:
-Setting and managing ethos, vision and strategic direction
-How to manage strategic priorities
-How to audit, review and inform current structures and processes
-How to analyse data effectively
-Financial management and budget setting
-Planning for future growth
-Responding and adapting to changes in legislation
If you would like further information, or to arrange an informal conversation with a current governor, please contact Jo Murgatroyd on x 2119 or email@example.com