James Brindley is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where all are respected and valued. We will be alert to signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that all our young people receive effective support and protection.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding Including Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the policies section on our website.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our Academy's Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Lisa Valentini, Assistant Principal.
Additionally, each Centre has its own DSL(s);
- Northfield Centre (KS3) – Sophie Bartlett & Eunice Obeng- Oppong
- Parkway Centre (KS4) – Louise Thomas & Lucy Kimberley
- Dovedale Centre – Charmaine Parry & Sanjay Badhan
- Willows Centre – Suzy Bradbury
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital (BCH) – Tracey Deathridge
- Newbridge – Nicola Winslow
- Ardenleigh – Simon Lee
- Short Term Provision (Home Teaching) – Iqra Mansell
- Strategic Lead for Hospitals – John Bradshaw
- Vice Principal – Tosin Gabriel
Our Academy’s Safeguarding Trustee is Kaleigh Grainger.